Well, everyone knows Aloe Vera is a medicinal plant that has been used for its healing properties for thousands of years. There are many great benefits of Aloe Vera from skin issues to health problems in the body. It is such a great ingredient which is not only beneficial for your skin and health but also works wonders for your hair.
Aloe Vera also, known as “Wonder Plant” is a cactus-like plant that mainly grows in a hot and dry climate. It is a succulent plant which stores water in its leaves whose leaves are thick and fleshy which act as a defense to keep animals and insects from feeding the plant. The leaves produce two types of substances- the clear gel, which is more or less water inside the leaf and a bitter yellow juice in the skin. These days you would find Aloe Vera in almost every cosmetic product not only that but also it has earned a permanent place in every house.
It contains vitamins C and E that helps improve skin firmness and keep the skin hydrated. It is a naturally soothing agent that reduces skin inflammation, itchiness, and blistering and helps the skin to heal quickly. It is being used as a natural moisturizer, toner, face packs, and face masks. Besides this Aloe Vera have many health benefits.
Health benefits of Aloe Vera:
- Improves Digestion.
- Boosts Immunity.
- Promotes heart health.
- Maintain blood sugar levels.
- Strengthens gums and promotes healthy and strong teeth.
- Helps in reducing arthritis pain.
- Lowers high cholesterol.
Different forms of Aloe Vera:
- Aloe Vera Gel.
- Aloe Vera Juice.
- Aloe Vera supplements.
- Aloe Vera powder.
Do you know Aloe Vera is a magical skincare ingredient?
Let’s look at how aloe Vera is a magical ingredient for skin:
Well, Aloe Vera has been used for skin diseases since ancient times. The gel extracted from the leaf is the best natural remedy for skin infections and it also helps to diminish the symptoms of aging skin conditions. It helps in preventing fine lines and wrinkles, treatment of acne, giving that natural glow to the skin, moisturizing skin and hydrating it. Most of the skincare and beauty products include aloe extracts. In fact, nowadays everyone has an aloe plant at home, simply extract the gel from the leaf and apply it. It is basically an all-rounder that is loved by everyone. Read on to know the incredible benefits of aloe Vera for skin:
- Acts as a Natural Moisturizer:
Aloe Vera is known as a natural moisturizer without giving any greasy feeling to the skin which is perfect for the oily skin. It heals and hydrates the dry and flaky skin. It helps to soothe your skin and make it soft and supple.
- It helps fight sunburns:
It acts as a protective layer on the skin and restores its moisturizer.
- Helps with signs of aging:
Aloe Vera contains various anti-oxidants, vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin E which help in improving the natural firmness.
- Fights acne and fades blemishes:
Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory properties. It prevents bacteria build-up which is the main cause of acne and pimples. Applying a small amount of aloe Vera on zit would help you get rid of it. Not only that it also helps to remove the acne scars and blemishes.
- Removes dark circles and puffiness:
Aloe Vera is packed with antioxidants and vitamin E which help lighten up the discoloration under the eyes and the cooling effect with the puffiness. Applying aloe Vera gel every night would help remove dark circles.
- Relieve Skin Irritation:
Aloe Vera gel has cooling properties so it helps to soothe the irritated skin. Also, it has antifungal and antibacterial properties which help in handling skin issues and infections.
Now that you know the benefits of aloe Vera and you can’t wait to try this magical ingredient to see the results. Here are the ways you can add aloe Vera in your skincare routine to get healthy and flawless skin.
- Try DIY face masks for glowing skin, dry skin, oily skin, suntan removal.
- Apply Aloe Vera leaf: Peel off the top layer of the aloe leaf to extract the gel. Scoop out the gel and massage gently on the face. It will keep your skin hydrated.
- Use Aloe Vera infused skincare products.
Aloe Vera Face Mask For Glowing Skin:
- Pinch of turmeric powder.
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- Aloe Vera gel.
– turmeric brightens up the skin and evens out the skin complexion, honey when mixed with Aloe Vera uses its anti-inflammatory properties which soothes the skin and hydrate it.
- Mix all the ingredients together and make a paste.
- Apply the paste on face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Aloe Vera Face Mask For Dry Skin
- 2 tablespoon of aloe Vera gel.
- Mash a cup of banana and add 2 tablespoons of aloe Vera gel to it.
- Add Honey. Mix all the ingredients into a thick paste.
- Apply it all over your face and neck. Let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water to remove the mask.
This mask is used for moisturizing, hydrating and treating dry, flaky skin. As honey gives a glow to your skin and makes it soft. Bananas hydrate and moisturize the skin.
Aloe Vera Face Mask For Oily Skin:
- 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera.
- 1 tablespoon of Curd (yogurt).
- 1 tablespoon of lemon.
- Mix all the ingredients with a spoon until it turns into a creamy paste.
- Apply the paste on your face and neck and leave it for around 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off. Repeat this procedure for 3 to 4 times in a week to see better results.
Curd is an amazing skin cleanser and can be used for all skin types. Lemons have astringent properties. It is naturally acidic so it balances the skin and helps to get rid of excessive oil.
Aloe Vera face mask for Suntan Removal:
- 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera gel.
- 1 tablespoon cucumber juice.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Mix all ingredients and apply this concoction to the tanned area of skin.
- Allow it to dry for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it off.
Lemon juice helps in lightening the dark spots and exfoliates the skin. Cucumber cools the skin and hydrates it. Aloe Vera is an amazing natural remedy to remove suntan.
Benefits of Aloe Vera for Hair:
Aloe Vera is a magical plant not only good for health and flawless skin but also for long and gorgeous hair. Do you know Aloe Vera can solve all of your hair problems? You would be surprised to know that this thorny plant which is just a plant in your balcony is full of hair benefits too.
It contains 75 nutrients which include minerals, amino acids, and vitamins and would help you get rid of various hair problems like dandruff, hair loss, dryness, split ends. You can apply the fresh gel on your scalp or prepare an aloe Vera hair masks mixed with other ingredients to make your hair strong and healthy, naturally. Read on to know more about all the benefits of aloe vera for hair and how to use to it.
Moisturises Dry Hair:
Got dull and dry hair? No problem. Start applying aloe vera gel and you will be sorted. It is high in water content which not only provides hydration but also locks in moisture leaving your hair soft and shiny. If you have dull, dry hair, you can use aloe vera as a nourishing agent in your hair oil to treat your dry scalp.
- Heat coconut oil and add aloe vera gel into it. Mix it into a smooth paste.
- Massage it gently onto your scalp and hair for about 10 minutes. Leave it for about an hour.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Treats Dandruff and Itchy Scalp:
Aloe Vera cleanses the scalp and removes dead skin cells which are the main cause of dandruff in your hair. It is also known to be a natural cleanser which clears dirt from the scalp. How aloe Vera can be used to cure dandruff:
- Rub the gel part of the aloe Vera plant onto your scalp which cleanses your scalp of dandruff. Leave it.
- Wash it off with anti-dandruff shampoo.
If you have frizzy hair, you can use aloe vera to deep condition your hair and turn your hair into soft, smooth and shiny as it is a natural hair conditioner. Because of its moisturizing properties, it
Locks in moisture and retain natural oils in your scalp. Prepare a DIY conditioner to be used after every wash to manage the frizz:
- All you need is fresh Aloe Vera gel, water and few drops of essential oil.
- Take 2 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of aloe Vera in a bowl. Mix the gel and water into a smooth paste.
- Add a few drops of essential oil. Mix all the ingredients and pour it into a spray bottle.
- After showering and washing your hair spray it.
Promotes Hair Growth:
Aloe Vera is a great ingredient for hair. Since it is packed with proteolytic enzymes and a variety of vitamins and minerals which help stimulate hair growth and make healthy and strong hair. DIY hair mask for hair growth:
- In a bowl, add 4 tablespoon aloe vera, 2 tablespoon coconut oil and 1 tablespoon honey or according to your hair length.
- Mix all the ingredients into a smooth mixture.
- Gently massage this mixture into your scalp and then to tips of the hair. Focus more on the tips of your hair because that is the most damaged parts of your hair.
- Leave it for around 30 minutes and wash it off. Use this mask every week to see the difference.
Coconut oil and honey are the best conditioning combination which helps to lock moisture in the hair. And oiling your hair every week will promote hair growth.
There are many benefits of Aloe Vera. Different forms of aloe vera are available, it can be taken in many ways but the most commonly used form is gel as it not only good for hair but also has skin and health benefits too. So, altogether it is a magical ingredient for everyone.